In the Stealing Fire review, you will find out that it is the most well-composed book by Steven Kotler and Jamie Wheal. A number of broad themes, (regarding the changing technology, hallucinatory and bizarre/incoherent) have been discussed in this book. It is an exciting book as it is not easy to grasp the purpose of the book. However, it takes perhaps more than one readings. The word ‘Fire’ is metaphorically used as an altered state of mind, ‘Ecstasis,’ which is a synonym of the upper portion and the word ‘Flow’ also means an altered state of mind as on its peak performance.
An in-depth psychological, neurobiological, and psychopharmacological analysis of people is the primary objective of Kotler and Wheal.
Challenges of Navy SEAL
As the world is going too fast in terms of advancements, we observe a drastic change on a daily basis. For example, mobile phones have replaced wired telephones, and now we can easily contact people anywhere at any place, anytime. However, we cannot compare these changes with the challenges that the Navy SEAL confronts. Their job is more complicated, ambiguous, uncertain and buoyant. SEALS do not give training or any plan.
In SEAL, they have to take action in a moment. Though SEALS are expensive machines,
Ecstasis is the action of stepping behind oneself. You often experience the same condition for example, whenever you listen, your
Stealing Fire book review has four different characteristics of Ecstasis, abbreviated as STER;
- S – Selflessness: It is part of your brain, which temporarily loses a sense of ego and self. Muting of the constant chattering monkey mind, and feelings of connection with your environment.
- T – Timelessness: Meditations of past or future events coming to a stop and you enter into the present moment.
- E – Effortlessness: Players call this being “in the zone.” Jazz composers call it “performing in the pocket.” It is when thoughts cease, and smooth action takes place.
- R – Richness: It makes a state of awareness, so addictive. It directly teleports you into another world. Brain waves diminish to alpha range, neurotransmitters like dopamine gets released, we become hyper-focused, and bits of information from our environment we usually are unaware of suddenly become available to us.
Why is Ecstasis Important? It has Multiple Purposes such as:
- Stress and anxiety relief,
- Depression management
- Enhanced immunity
- Increased focus
- Better memory
- Enhanced cognitive ability
- Emotional healing from past traumas
- Removing negative habits
- Easing end of life anxiety
- Positive lasting personality change
- Life changing mystical experiences
Stealing Fire review tells us that Ecstasis is harmful. Ecstasis does not play an only positive role, but sometimes it becomes hazardous. Previously, I have discussed all its positive elements, but now I am going to tell you the negative aspects of Ecstasis, as Kotler and Jamie have described in the last part of the book. For instance, practicing about past meditation can make you more frustrated without proper training. However, appropriate guidance, training, and mentorship are necessary for positive results.
Stealing Fire review clarifies that it is the best-selling book; well-composed by Kotler and Jamie Wheal. After reading this book, I am so excited because this book has the strength to alter the life of an individual as well as society, changing the mentality and psychic aspects. I strongly recommend that people should read this book to get rid of psychological problems and to diminish ego. It really takes people into a state of flow. So, how about grabbing a copy of it and find out its hidden aspects that may help you change. Keep exploring!
You have an option to read more variety of book reviews (e.g., A Book Review On Diary Of A Wimpy Kid), under the book category.